There are a range of reasons why a user may not be able to log into LightSpeed. We will try to address three main errors that may prevent you from logging into LightSpeed.
The LightSpeed Client is not connected to the Server
This is mostly a networking issue, where LightSpeed cannot find where the Server is on the network. The steps to resolve this are as below:
1. Make sure that your Wifi is turned on and is connected to the right network.
This can be seen on the top-right hand corner with the icon that looks like a fan (see below)
2. Open LightSpeed and make sure that you are connected to the right Server by clicking on the Server button.
It should be your Store name with a yellow looped icon on them (see below)
In this example, we can connect to 3 networks, as signified y the nucleus sign with orange dots. Please ensure that your server is listed here and double-click to select the correct server.
3. Unplug the LAN Cable and Replug it again on the Mac Mini.
Usually we have set up the Mac Mini to be plugged in to the router via a LAN or Ethernet cable. This looks like a thick colored cable that ends in a clip very similar to a phone cable, but bigger. Unplugging and plugging the cable may allow the server to be recognised again and populated at the list above.
If the problem still persists, please call SMB Consultants on 02 9191 9292. Charges may apply should you not be in a Support Contract.
LightSpeed Prompts that you have entered the wrong Login Information
Our default password to each newly set up account is 'change1'.
If the password above does not work, a password reset can be ordered via the use of an Administrator Account with the steps below:
1. Log in to LightSpeed using a working Administrator Account
2. Go to Tools > Setup > Basics > Users
3. Click on the user that you require a Password Reset and press Change Password
4. Input your new Password and the account should now be able to access LightSpeed.
If you do not have an administrator account nor have access to one, please call SMB Consultants on 02 9191 9292. Charges may apply should you not be on a Support Contract.
LightSpeed Prompts that "You have reached the Limit of Concurrent Users"
There are two explanations as to why a user may receive this message.
1. There are too many users online at the same time.
You will need one of your users to log out. Once they have done so, proceed to login normally.
2. LightSpeed has crashed and upon logging in, the system thinks that the previous user is still logged in.
This requires a restart of the server. You can find the instructions on how to restart the server here.
If the problem still persists, please call SMB Consultants on 02 9191 9292. Charges may apply should you not be on a Support Contract.